Sunday, May 8, 2011

Flashback

Open on a typical, spring walk in the park. The birds are singing, bees buzzing, and I'm sitting on the edge of the abnormally high Hobble Creek with one of my best buddies, Andrew. Silly Andrew: monotone voice and exceptionally funny and unexpected comments. We had just finished talking about something, I don't recall what, and were sitting silently listening to the river when Andrew suddenly says, "Is that a BEAVER?"
You can never tell when Andrew is being serious or kidding, so I start to teasingly say no when I look up to see a mass of fur dip back into the river. It WAS a beaver!!
When we were younger, we used to tease our friend Marie Terry and tell her there was a beaver living in the Hobble Creek. She was always terrified. Turns out, we were right...


No comments:

Post a Comment