Monday, March 14, 2011

About That...

I know I haven't posted in awhile, but really, I've been quite busy in my uber popular life. Just kidding. I've mostly just been chilling with my colorblind/narcoleptic friend and my other extremely blonde brunette friend.
Out of all of my experiences last week (from 'Orange you glad I asked you to Preference" to "He likes me??"), there is one in particular that stands out in my mind.
On friday I went on a date with my French friend from Timp View. We had a fun filled evening of ice skating and Olive Garden planned. It fell just short of disaster.
My friend drives a red bug and is, from my point of view, just a hair shorter (thought he claims otherwise). Coming to pick me up was the first time he's ever been to my house, so, shortly after seven he calls me to make sure he's in the right place. I tell him what's out front and it turns out he's parked in front of the right house, so I hang up.
TEN MINUTES LATER: I receive a text: Should I come to the door?
Well duh!
DING DONG. My dad greets him, teases him lightly about his car, and asks what time I'll be home. My date nervously spits out a time and we walk out the door.
We get to his car and he starts to get in the car. I wait by the passenger side door. "Oh..." Come on...be a gentleman! You're French for goodness sake!!
Finally we're in the car. Do we leave? NO! He finishes up a text and then starts messing with his bluetooth. he apologizes for the wait and finally some music comes on...slow...boring...music.
After driving around for an hour and a half playing (the other couple thought there was no way into the skate rink when really there was) and playing sex (I got him all the way down to his pants and he got nothing on me!), we finally got the the skate rink. No, it was not closed. The other couple just didn't have enough sense to follow the DETOUR signs.
Skating was fun. I took the first half hour holding onto the edge and nearly swearing trying to get into the groove of things (the grippy things kept tripping me!), but finally we were skating around having a merry, old time!
After that we went to Olive Garden. There I found out that the my date's friend (the other guy in our double) was a druggy that's pretty much snuffed everything known to man. I also learned that Catholics don't eat meat on Friday and that apparently fish is NOT meat.
While waiting for our food (which, by the way, took over an hour to get to us), my date and his friend started talking in French and playing a game that I assume was inappropriate for they refused to tell us about.
After that he took me home--a half hour late. At least he walked me to the door.
Ya, I had fun, he's fun to talk to, but mostly it was a disaster. Where's the chivalry??

2 comments: