Sunday, October 21, 2012

"Don't Worry, You Can Outrun the Cops"

My latest adventure was quite...adventurous. Last night my friend, Ash, invited me to go get food with him and his friend. It was about one in the morning. I agreed to go. We ended up at McDonalds and after an absurd amount of greasy french fries, Ash asked if I wanted to learn to longboard. I have been asking him to teach me to longboard for about two weeks now. Of course I wanted to learn to longboard!

Ash, Sterling, and I all piled in the car and Ash and Sterling began arguing about where to go longboarding. They decided on "the garage". Sounds like an interesting place to be.. First thing they tell me when we pull up:

"Ok, so when we get in there, look out for the security guard; he drives around at night. If you see him, just pick up your board and run for the stairs. The stairs are on the south side. You can run faster than he can drive down, so just book it. We'll meet back at the car. Don't worry about it. There aren't usually cops, just the security guard. All he can do is tell you to leave, but sometimes he calls the cops."

...I'm sorry, what? Cops? Is this even legal? No.. no it's not.

Luckily we didn't run into any cops, just some burnout druggy guy that Sterling knew from work. All in all, the night was fun! I learned to longboard and was actually not that bad. I did wipe out once. Sterling made me take his helmet so he didn't have to take me to the emergency room. We made one complete run and then headed home.

The night wasn't over yet.

Earlier that night, I had been talking to my friend, Gavin, about how I had burned my lip making mashmellows over the stove (risky business that is). We were joking about how I was emotionally scarred for life. He asked if there was anything he could do and I said I needed a shoulder to cry on at 3 in the morning. He agreed. So, when I got back from longboarding, Gavin and I went on a walk. He had set an alarm for 3:30 and gotten up just to talk to me. He knew I didn't actually need a shoulder to cry on. It was way cute. We walked and talked and then went stargazing and ended up star-tipping. It was about 4:30 by the time I went home and stayed home.

Long night, but it was well worth it. I do have a few bruises, though. I feel so hard core.

No comments:

Post a Comment