Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not All That Surprising

Hello again, small audience! I'm pleased to see that at least a few people out there have taken a peek into my rather normal life. It makes me feel abnormal.

My stories for today are pretty short.

To give you a little background and context, I work in sales--knife sales. I've been working for about two weeks and my manager is convinced I'm the best. Okay, not really, but he still has WAY to much confidence in me. (Advertising Note: If anyone wants to help me out, that'd be awesome! I get paid to do demos and I am lacking. I also need 200 names for recommendations for a contest coming up!)

Anyways, yesterday we had a meeting about selling knives. No way, right? During the meeting I look down and I am bleeding. I have an inch long cut on the side of my leg.

How the FREAK did that happen?! I had been sitting down and the only time I had recently moves was to go to lunch! The only possible thing I could think of was when I had gone to sit down I had to squeeze past some people and someone must have sliced me with a knife. That sounds CRAZY, but at my job, that would be completely normal..

After my meeting, my coworker, Abbie, and I went shopping. Simple task, right? WRONG. I was just finishing trying on some clothes and was putting my skirt back on when SNAP. My zipper broke. My skirt was now unwearable. I had no back up. NOTHING.

Solution: I had to BUY pants. I went to the counter with a pair of their pants on and another in my arms. I bought the pants, then went back to change. I also bought a new shirt. I had to buy a completely new outfit so I could get home without being a public menace.

Stupid knives. Stupid clothes. Anyone know where to get a nice, denim pencil skirt? I seem to need a new one..

No comments:

Post a Comment